1 tsp butter
100g leek, finely cut
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped marjoram
80g grated FROMART Appenzell cheese extra
40g FROMART Appenzell cheese, in small cubes
1 free-range egg yolk
1 tbsp coarse-seeded mustard
1 packet of filo pastry (9 sheets)
60g melted butter
- Steam leek and shallot in butter, season with pepper and marjoram. Cover and cool.
- Mix leek mixture with grated and cubed Appenzell, egg yolk and mustard.
- Place Filo pastry sheet on the working surface, halve width wise, paint both halves using a pastry brush with melted butter, fold twice.
- Heap one spoonful of filling (about 20g) in one corner at the end of the strip, so that the right corner can be laid across.
- Fold the whole strip into a triangle. Again brush with butter.
- Bake filled triangles in preheated oven at 180 for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Mix 1 pot (180g) of sheep milk yoghurt, 1/2 seeded finely chopped red chilli and 1 bunch of finely chopped parsley,
season with herbal salt.
Filo Pastry is similar to strudel dough and is manly used in Turkish and Greek cooking.