Prepare this dish with your partner on a rainy Sunday afternoon, enjoy with a glass of red and wind down.
600 g potatoes
1 pastry base, rolled out
200 g FROMART® King of Zing
2 bunches of chives
1 dl milk
1.8 dl creme fraiche (low-fat)
Salt, black pepper
A flat, round baking tin (26 cm diameter)
- Parboil the unpeeled potatoes until they are firm to the bite. Allow to cool thoroughly.
- Place the pastry with baking paper in the baking tin. Cut away any overlapping edges.
- Peel the potatoes and grate with the potato rasp. Also grate the cheese. Mix with the potatoes and spread on the pastry base.
- Cut the chives into thin rolls and scatter over. Stir the milk, creme fraiche and eggs together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour this over the potato-cheese mixture.
- Bake the potato-cheese flan on the lowest shelf of the oven which has been pre-heated to 200C for about 40 minutes.
Preparation and cooking time: approx. 60 minutes
Tip: In summer scatter some freshly cut chives or basil over the flan before serving.